Skip to content
- CNN, Outdoor recreation has historically excluded people of color. That’s beginning to change, December 2021
- The Chicago Tribune, Chicago’s Ada S. McKinley is way overdue for some appreciation, according to researchers who delved into her history as an early 20th century social reformer, Rockett, D. (January 14, 2021).
- ABC 7 Chicago, Ada S. McKinley, founder of South Side Settlement House, one of Black Chicago’s unsung heroes, February 1 2021
- The Chicago Defender, Black History Month: Ada S. McKinley Deserves Her Place in History. Sanders, D. February 10, 2021
- KSAT, COVID-19 sheds light on park inequities, importance of investment: Expert says communities of color often lack access to parks, October 2020.
- Verify Road Trip, It’s not our culture: How parks make minorities feel unwelcome. August 2020
- Project for Public Space, Public space, park space, and racialized space. January 2020
- Futurity, How history keeps African Americans out of state parks, June 2016.
- Texas Standard Radio, Why don’t more African Americans visit state parks?, June 2016.