Sustainability Systems Analysis Lab builds analytical models to quantify environmental/economic/social implications of emerging technologies in industrial systems. Our work links fundamental engineering systems with scaled economic, environmental, and social impacts. In particular, we develop decision support tools and data analytics to analyze alternative scenarios and identify behavioral, technological, and policy pathways toward sustainable development for industries.
- Dr. Yuan Yao received the Faculty Early CAREER Award from U.S. National Science Foundation, the most prestigious award from NSF for junior faculty in the United States!
- Learn more about the online educational materials developed by Yao and colleagues at NCSU – Green Buildings and Sustainable Materials
- Read about Dr. Yao’s project on artificial intelligence applications in the chemical industry! Link
- Read about Dr. Yuan Yao’s collaboration with Wiki Education Foundation for creating better scientific communicators and developing a global impact. Link
- Sept 11-12, 2018 Database Integration Workshop: Building the Data Capacity for Food-Energy-Water Research